Sunday, December 25, 2011

And, finale!


A christmas miracle! We squiggled down the mississippi river all day, and then jumped in my folks' car at a gas station, just in time for thanksgiving turkey. We were regaled with hugs and beers and beads, and southern love. My grandma was there at dinner,and my mom, sister and jerry and james, too!

I don't know what to say. the mississippi river is industrial, and smelly. i like bike touring. I want to do it again. My odometer, which was wrong for a while, says I rode 3300 miles.

I have been on the road for two months and 23 days. I have been in 7 states, and over 6 borders. There is more to say, and more to post, but that will have to wait for an epilogue in a few days, and copious pictures.

For now... thanks to everyone who was so sweet and generous and warm and welcoming along the way, and who let me into their lives and hearts this fall. I have learned and gained so much, and people truly amaze me.

1 comment: