Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I promise I'll be more thankful tomorrow

November 23. Superior, az - apache rez. I don't know, like 57 miles.
I woke up and heard the wind banging trees around outside. The weather channel said the wind was coming from the south east at 19 mph (or is wind in knots?)  Guess what direction I was headed?
I realized a little while later, when I had to quit climbing and go back down to superior, that sometimes courage means knowing when not to be hardcore. It was really windy.
I ended up getting a ride over the pass from mo, a real sweet guy, who is a pro poker player, and loaded my bike into a really new bmw. Then I rode 56 or 57 bullshit miles into headwinds on shitty roads with no shoulders, or shoulders that were all rumble strip. And the lady at the globe visitor center assured me i'd make it to fort thomas, which I didn't, so I got caught riding in the dark.
Good news is there's lots of stars and I can eat all the ginger cookies I want. Oh, and the wind died!


No comments:

Post a Comment