Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 8

56 miles to encinata today. Sometimes when I'm on the road, and big things are going down at home (read : seattle), I spend most of my time on the bike thinking about those things, even though I'm moving in the opposite direction. Today was one of those days. bike accidents suck, and so do broken collarbones. I'm familiar with both, although thankfully, not from this trip.
Some thoughts I did have about being here while I'm here: today I rode through pendleton marine base, stopped for pbj lunch, and got to see parades of tanks roll by, including one with a sign hanging off, warning "student driver."
Ways SoCal is not preparing me for the right angle turn include flat riding, almost non-stop bike trails, natural food stores, and the ocean. I am feeling sentimental about departing frm this coastline.
Surfers out in packs today. Party on the pacific. I am camping almost on the beach tonight, which is about as close as I've come. Tomorrow, to san diego, Thursday, I'll flash my passport.
Swift healing, andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment