Monday, November 7, 2011

Look! I'm in orange county, y'all!

Just to prove I can keep up with the demands of a blog. . . 2 posts in one day! And pictures! I rode 75 miles today, from venice beach to laguna beach. 68 of the miles were on route and necessary to my progress. I thought I was ready for it to get dark early, but when it came, I was still on the road, sprinting at 20 mph to finish. Must. Start. Earlier.
I've been taken in by walter, an old coworker of my cousin jeff's. He has 3 kids - 2 of them were home tonight and we had family dinner. We sat at the table so long that even me and the 9 year old boy got full.
I have experienced such incredible hospitality on this trip - I have to do another round of shout-outs. To walter, jeff, and bill horgos for opening their homes to my crap everywhere, always hungry, stink self. Also, a shout out to karl, because he taught me everything I know about orange county. And to the night rider's union, for singing to me. Thank you thank you thank you.
And now for the photos

No comments:

Post a Comment